|To use an Air Alarm, first swipe your ID across it to unlock it. There are multiple options:
Activate Atmospheric Alarm: Self Explanatory. The Alarm will show on the Atmos Alert Computers and alerts the AI.
Scrubbers Control: Controls the scrubbers in the area. Select specific gases to be filtered. Choose between two settings for the scrubbers, scrubbing and syphoning.
- Scrubbing will slowly drain any gases set to filter in the air of the tile they are on, and transfer it to their pipe. Really, really slow with N2O.
- Syphoning will do the same, except indiscriminately and drain all gases on their tile.
Vents Control: you control vents through the air alarm. There are the following settings:
- External on, Internal off: will drain/add air from the tile the vent is on to make it reach the selected pressure. All air being moved goes into/comes out of the pipe the vent is attached to. Set to 0 to drain air, or pressurise to specific levels.
- Both on: completely useless. Don't bother.
- External off, Internal on: Drains/adds air to the tile to get the pipe attached to the selected pressure level. Setting a vent to internal and the desired pressure to 0 causes ALL gas which enters the pipe to be shunted out onto the tile.
Set Environmentals Mode: you can select a preset mode for the scrubbers and vents in the area:
- Filtering: Default mode, scrubbers are set to "Filter", vents are set to keep the area at normal pressure (101kPa).
- Draught: scrubbers are set to "Syphon" and vents are On.
- Panic: scrubbers are set to "Panic Syphon" and vents are Off.
- Replace air: scrubbers are set to "Syphon" and vents are Off. Nearly identical to "Panic".
- Off: Both scrubbers and vents are Off.
Sensor Settings: Let's you change the minima and maxima for pressure, temperature and specific gases to automatically activate the alarm.
Activate Panic Syphons: They turn all vents off and set all scrubbers to syphon. You *can* do better than that, but most of the methods involve setting vents to suck, and if you need a panic syphon, then sucking contaminated air into Distro kinda sucks.
Guide to building an Air Alarm.