What is it?
A mod of tgstation 13 that is modified for low population servers; with simplified jobs, maps, duties and command structure.
How do I get it?
MiniStation is built into the /tg/ repo, so download the main code here (https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station) and you just have to untick/tick two files to get it running, after you compile.
How do I run it?
Simply navigate to the _maps folder and tick ministation.dm, and only that file in the _maps folder, then compile and you will be running MiniStation.
Who is the target audience?
Server hosters who want to host a server for a player count of around 5 to 20 people.
What about the map?
The map has been created from the ground up with population size in mind. There is a download link to it below.
Many jobs have been combined or just plainly cut out. These are the remaining jobs with their duties next to them.
- Captain - Make sure your station is running.
- HoP - You're second in command, protect the Captain and be his right hand man.
- Cargo Tech x3 - Running cargo bay and mining minerals for the station.
- Bartender - Keeping the bar, serving drinks and food. Hire the unemployeed to grow food for you, or do it yourself.
- Janitor - Cleans the station, removes litter and empty trash bins to be recycled by the crusher.
- Station Engineer x4 - Keeping the power running and fixing station damage.
- Security Officer x4 - Protecting the crewmembers and serving space law.
- Detective - Using forensic science to help security officers catch criminals.
- Scientist x4 - Research and development of new technologies and create bombs.
- Medical Doctor x4 - Healing the crew, performing surgeries and cloning dead crew.
- Chemist - Creating useful chemicals for the crew to use.
- Clown - Create laughter and boost the morale of the crew. Honk!
- Assistant xInfinity - Not in charge at all.
There will be 26 job slots (not including Assistant) available on MiniStation; the HoP can add more from his ID computer. There is a more simplified command system, with the Captain being the big boss and the HoP being second in command. The heads will have control over all departments and jobs.
What else has changed?
Changes to the uplinks were made to discourage murderboning, the rest is much the same.
How to Set Up the Thermo-Generator
The MiniStation gets its power from a different source than other stations. The thermoelectric generator gets its power from the thermal difference of the two pipes going through it. The left side is the cold side, and the right side the hot side. Cold pipe is filled with magic-space-cooled CO2 which is cooled down to 23 kelvin by default and the hot pipe is super hot CO2 warmed up with a mixture of 2:3 air + plasma, which is ignited in a burn chamber.
Here's the guide for setting it up:
- To the top right is a room full of canisters; to the bottom there is a room full of pipes.
- Connect C02 canisters to the pipe room's top connector ports.
- Connect 3 plasma and 2 oxygen canisters to the bottom ports of the pipe room.
- Turn on all the pumps and valves in the room except for the one connected to the yellow pipe and red pipe, no adjustments to the pump strength needed.
- Look into the camera monitor to see the burn chamber. When it is full of plasma, press the igniter button.
- Setup the SMES cells in the North West of Engineering and set an input of half the max; and an output that is half the input.
- Well done, you should have a functioning generator generating power. If the right side of the generator stops working, it means there is too much pressure and you need to turn on the pump that is connected to the red and yellow pipes to release the pressure.
- Make sure you don't take out too much pressure though.