|THIS PAGE NEEDS REVISING!|
|The following page is out of date and needs to be revised. |
The revision reason is: "Needs updating, verification and info added! (see parts with "???")"
Insulated Gloves hackables have power lines, and cutting/pulsing these without gloves can harm you. It's possible to hack without them, but it will be slow, painful, and you'll need ointment. The shock will always be delivered to your hands or legs, so it will never crit you if you're at full health, as limbs can't take more than 75 damage.
Screwdriver for opening up panels and the like. A necessary tool.
Wirecutters for cutting and mending wires.
Multitool for pulsing wires. Not necessary for most hacking, but makes life a lot easier.
Signaler can be used as a ghetto alternative to a Multitool and to pulse wires remotely. Attach one on a wire, then use a second signaler to pulse that wire.
Both internal and external access airlocks are hackable. Wires are randomized at the start of each round, but are standardized throughout the station, e.g. every orange wire might toggle the bolts. This is probably where you'll be doing the most of your hacking. Remember, cutting power to the door will stop everything else from working.
- Screwdriver in hand, click on the airlock to open the panel and expose the wiring.
- With multitool, wirecutters, or an empty hand, click on the airlock to access the wiring.
- Fiddle with the wires by pulsing to test each one and cutting what you need to.
- Screwdriver the door again to shut the panel. If the panel is open and you don't have a screwdriver, you can open it by using your ID on it.
- There are two main power wires and two backup power wires.
- Disabling main power will make the backup work in 10 seconds. Disabling both will make door lose power until something is restored.
- If the door is unpowered, it can be opened with a crowbar, unless the bolts are down.
- Disabling AI control will make AI/Borgs unable to interact with this door; they can still hack in by either of power wires. It takes around a minute, and once the door is hacked, they'll be able to use it without AI control wire forever.
- Disabling safety will make the door close even if there is a human in it.
- Disabling timing will make it close almost instantly.
|Main power||Disables main power. May shock!||Restores. May shock!||Disables main power for 1 minute.|
|Backup power||Disables backup power. May shock!||Restores. May shock!||Disables backup power for 1 minute.|
|ID scan||Nothing.||Nothing.||Flashes lights on the door, as if someone without access tries to open it.|
|Bolts||Drops door bolts.||Nothing.||Drops door bolts if they are up. Raises them if they are down and door is powered.|
|Bolt lights||Disables bolt lights.||Enables bolt lights.||Toggles bolt wires.|
|Open||Nothing.||Nothing.||Opens the door if it requires no access.|
|AI control||Disables AI control.||Restores AI control.||Very briefly disables AI control.|
|Shock||Electrifies the door.||De-electrifies the door.||Electrifies the door for 30 seconds.|
|Safety||Disables safety.||Enables safety.||Toggles safety.|
|Timing||Causes the door to close almost instantly after opening.||Restores.||Toggles door timing.|
|Power||The test light is on.||Door is powered.|
|The test light is off!||Door is not powered.|
|Bolts||The door bolts look up.||Door bolts are up.|
|The door bolts have fallen!||Door bolts are down.|
|Bolt lights||The door bolt lights are on.||Door bolt lights are on.|
|The door bolt lights are off!||Door bolt lights are off.|
|AI control||The 'AI control allowed' light is on.||AI can control the door and hasn't hacked it.|
|The 'AI control allowed' light is off.||AI either hacked a door or can't control it.|
|Safety||The 'Check Wiring' light is on.||Door safety is off.|
|The 'Check Wiring' light is off.||Door safety is on.|
|Timing||The 'Check Timing Mechanism' light is on.||Door timing is broken.|
|The 'Check Timing Mechanism' light is off.||Door timing is normal.|
- Ghetto hacking involves accessing a useless airlock and cutting all of the wires in order until the bolts drop, making a note of the wire you just cut. Keeping this in mind, you can now open restricted doors by cutting all the wires except the bolt control and then crowbarring that fucker open. Useful if you don't have a multi-tool. Note that this is a bad idea if you lack gloves.
- Open ID restricted doors by pulsing a main power wire and then crowbarring it open. If it's bolted, be sure to pulse the bolt wire before you kill the power or you're shit outta luck for a minute. (You can shorten this by cutting and mending the power wire, but by then the power would probably have reset anyway. Still, taking 20 seconds less to unhack the Escape shuttle doors is always good)
- Create a pain-in-the-ass-obstacle by dropping the bolts, cutting all the wires, and then welding the door shut. This is especially effective if you happen to have the only pair of insulated gloves on the station.
- Remotely pulse an airlock by attaching a signaler, which when signaled pulses the wire it's attached to. This allows you to remotely bolt and unbolt a door, for instance. Be sure to turn off the speaker so no one can hear it being toggled.
- Use multitools for bolted as they are awesome. First find two wires of importance: the bolts wire, and the main power wire. Pulse a random door to find out the wires. If you get shocked, close that hacking window and move onto another door. Once you got the main power wire, head to an unbolted door, pulse the wire, crowbar it open. You get a larger window of time to crowbar, and you can do it without gloves. If a door is bolted, pulse the bolts wires, and go and cut the power then crowbar it.
Controls power to its assigned room. All APC breakers can be accessed via Power Monitoring Computers regardless of the lock status, so hope that whoever's fucking with the power isn't paying attention.
- Screwdriver in hand, click on APC to open the panel and expose the wiring.
- Click with an empty hand to access the wiring.
- Fiddle with the wires by pulsing to test each one and cutting what you need to.
- Screwdriver it back up to toggle lighting, equipment, and atmospherics as you see fit (unless you've killed the power).
- Cover lock prevents the APC from opening. If it's off, you can use a crowbar to open the APC.
- Interface lock prevents anyone from using the APC. It is normally removed by swiping an ID card.
|Power (2 wires)||Disables power. May shock!||Restores. May shock!||Disables power for 2 minutes. You must cut and mend the wire to restore power.|
|ID lock||Disable toggling the lock with an ID card.||Restores.||Unlocks APC interface for 30 seconds.|
|AI control||Disables AI control.||Restores.||Very briefly disables AI control.|
|Lock||The APC is locked.||APC is locked.|
|The APC is unlocked.||APC is unlocked.|
|Power||The APCs power has been shorted.||APC is not working.|
|The APC is working properly!||APC is working.|
|AI control||The 'AI control allowed' light is off.||AI/borgs can't interact with APC.|
|The 'AI control allowed' light is on.||AI/borgs can interact with APC.|
I NEED 50,000 RCDS STAT!
- Click on the Autolathe to open it.
- Click on the Autolathe with a screwdriver in hand to access the wiring, then get a tool in your hand.
- The window is glitched and won't show what wires are cut, so you better track what wires you modify. There are three important wires, which are randomized. Cutting them toggles their light permanently, pulsing does so temporarily (30 secs or something). Red light is power, green light is electrocution and blue is hacked options.
Have fun accessing some new options.
|Power (shows red light if off)||Power off.||Power on.||Short (~30 secs) toggle off.|
|Electrocution (shows green light if on)||Electrocution.||Off.||Short (~30 secs) toggle on.|
|Hacked options (shows blue light if on)||Options on.||Off.||Short (~30 secs) toggle on.|
Station flooded with plasma and all of the Atmos Techs and CE are incompetent and/or dead? Best to take matters into your own hands.
- Screwdriver to exposes wires.
- Click to display Air Alarm interface and Wiring interface.
- Three lights:
- The Air Alarm is locked/unlocked.
- The Air Alarm is working properly!/offline.
- The 'AI control allowed' light is on/off.
- Five wires:
- Access wire: Pulsing toggles the interface's ID lock. Cutting locks the interface permanently until mended.
- Syphon wire: Pulsing toggles PANIC SYPHON on/off.
- Power wire: Pulsing disable the Air Alarm for 30(?) seconds, you can cut and mend the wire if in a hurry. Cutting the disables the Air Alarm until mended.
- AI Control wire: Pulsing will disable AI Control for 30(?) seconds. Cutting the wire disables the AI control until 30(?) seconds after mended.
- Alarm wire: Cutting starts the alarm, pulsing resets the alarm.
- Screwdriver to close wiring.
Disabled Air Alarms will show no lights.
|Power||Disables power.||Restores.||Disables power. Can be restored with mending.|
|Access||Locks the interface completely until mended.||Unlocks.||Toggles interface ID lock on/off.|
|Syphon||Starts PANIC SYPHON||Nothing||Toggles PANIC SYPHON on/off.|
|AI control||Disables AI control.||Restores after ~30 secs delay.||Temporarily (~30 secs) disable.|
|Alarm||Starts the alarm.||Nothing||Resets the alarm.|
The malfunctioning AI cannot syphon your air if you disable its eyes.
- With a screwdriver in hand, click on the camera.
- After opening the panel, use your wirecutter on the camera. You will now get a wire cut menu like the airlock. There are multiple wires to look out for.
- Power Wire: Cutting it will disable the camera, fixing it will enable the camera. Pulsing toggle the camera on and off.
- Alarm Wire: Pulsing causes a harmless beeping sound. Cutting will trigger an alarm, mending will cancel the alarm.
- Light Wire: Cutting this will stop the AI from using the camera's light, mending will allow the AI to use the camera light. Pulsing toggles it.
- Focus Wire: Cutting this will shorten the vision range to a default set of 2 tiles, mending it will return it back to a normal 7 vision range. Pulsing it will toggle between the short and normal vision range.
- Nothing Wires (2) - These do nothing, still required to deconstruct the camera.
|Power||Disables the camera.||Restores.||Toggles camera on/off.|
|Alarm||Triggers an alarm.||Cancels the alarm.||Causes a harmless beeping sound.|
|Light||Stops the AI from using the camera's light.||Restores.||Toggles AI's ability to use the light on/off.|
|Focus||Shortens vision range to 2 tiles.||Restores to normal 7 tiles.||Toggles between the two ranges.|
|Nothing (2 wires)||Nothing.||Nothing.||Nothing.|
No better way to get away from it all with a joyride on a MULE! And run over some people with it too.
- Unlock the controls with a Quartermaster's/Cargo Technician's/Head Of Personnel's/Captain's ID.
- Unscrew the maintenance panel with the screwdriver.
- See the table below and hack what you want.
- Screw the panel back on.
|Power (2 wires)||One or both cut = disables power.||Restores.||The charge light flickers. -message.|
|Motor (2 wires)||One cut = increases speed.
Both cut = disables motor.
|Restores.||The drive motor whines briefly. -message.|
|Radio (4 wires)||One or more cut = disables PDA control.||Restores.||You hear a radio crackle. -message.|
|Safety||Disables safety, awakens thirst for blood.
(DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU'RE A TRAITOR OR WANT TO DIE)
|Restores.||The external warning lights flash briefly. -message.|
|Load||Allows non-standard cargo (people, cyborgs, and other bots).||Disables.||The load platform clunks. -message.|
Who wants to order contraband?
- Disassemble the Supply Shuttle Console with your screwdriver, crowbar and wirecutters
- Grab the supply computer circuitboard
- Multitool it and set its receiver to the appropriate spectrum
- Put it back in and reassemble the console. You can now order contraband!
(Note that contraband is illegal. Security can do whatever they wish to it, and therefore you for bringing it on board)
Unhappy with your requests priority level? Crank it up to 'EXTREME'!
- Crowbar the requests console panel open.
- Use your screwdriver to enable the hidden priority level.
- Close the panel with your crowbar.
What safer way to release the singularity than doing it REMOTELY! That, or you can hack it to make it shoot more powerful particles!
- Setup the PA if you haven't already, then use a screwdriver on the computer to open the panel/expose the wires.
- Now click on the computer with a hand to bring up the wire menu. Here you can then get your tools in hand.
- Power wire: Pulsing toggles the PA on or off, cutting it will disable the PA and stop it from turning on.
- Strength wire: Pulsing increases the strength of the PA, cutting it will set the strength to 0 and prevent people turning it up.
- Interface wire: Interface wire will stop people being able to use the control computer. Pulsing will toggle this, cutting will turn it off until mended.
- Limit wire: Cutting will allow the PA to be turned up to strength 3. When pulsed it will beep.
- Nothing wire: Will do nothing, it's just here to make it harder.
- Close the panel for the PA to then work again. IMPORTANT: Don't forget to scan the parts again.
You can also attach a Signaler to these wires to release the singularity, such as remotely pulsing the strength wire. Bonus points if you also pulse the interface wire so that people can't stop it!
|Power||Disables power.||Restores.||Toggles power on/off.|
|Strength||Sets strength to 0 and prevents people from turning it up.||Restores.||Increases the strength.|
|Interface||Stops people from being able to use the control computer.||Restores.||Toggles interface off/on.|
|Limit||Allows PA to be turned up to strength 3.||Restores.||Makes a beep.|
A bomb! Are you a bad enough dude?
- Check the description of the bomb to see if you have enough time left to even attempt a defusal. Use your best judgement for how much time you will need.
- If the timer is very long, you might want to ask toxins for a bomb suit in case you fail. You'll still be killed, but at least you'll leave a cloneable corpse.
- Screwdriver in hand, click on the bomb to open the panel and expose the wiring.
- With multitool, wirecutters, or an empty hand, click on the bomb to access the wiring.
- CAREFULLY fiddle with the wires by pulsing to test each one and cutting what you need to.
- Boom wire: Pulsing will explode the bomb instantly if the bomb is live and cutting will do much the same! There's no way to prepare for the boom wire if the bomb is already live, it's just an inherent risk. Cutting a boom wire that's not live will make the bomb unusable.
- Bolt wire: Pulsing will hint at this wire's function, cutting will release the bolts holding the bomb down if they were activated to begin with. Ditch that bomb!
- Delay wire: Pulsing will add time to the clock of the bomb, giving you a little more breathing room.
- Proceed wire: Pulsing will reduce the clock, making your life that much harder. Cutting this wire while the bomb is live will explode the bomb!
- Activate wire: Pulsing a bomb that isn't live will start the countdown and cutting a bomb that IS live will stop the countdown. If you've identified this wire, you've won!
Keep in mind that randomly cutting live bomb wires carries a 40% risk of sudden death when pulsing carries just a 20% risk of sudden death! Ultimately you will HAVE to cut a wire to stop the explosion, but with a little research with pulsing you can improve your success rate. There's a test bomb in the armory if you want to practice without the risk of boom.
|Activate||Stops the countdown.||???||???|
|Delay||Nothing||Nothing||Adds time to the timer.|
|Bolt||Releases the bolts (if they were activated) so that the bomb can be moved.||Nothing||Hints (???) at this wire's function.|
|Proceed||Explodes.||Nothing, u ded.||Reduces time on the timer!|
|Boom||Explodes.||Nothing, u ded.||Explodes.|
|Activate||Nothing||Nothing||Starts the countdown.|
|Bolt||Releases the bolts (if they were activated) so that the bomb can be moved.||???||Hints (???) at this wire's function.|
|Boom||Makes the bomb unusable.||Restores.||Nothing.|
For an awesome way to go out!
- One wire.
- Explode wire: When cut, it explodes. When pulsed, it explodes!
You can attach a Signaler to make a remote bomb.
The only thing worth hacking!
- Click on the vending machine to open it.
- Click on the vending machine with a screwdriver in hand to access the wiring, then get a tool in your hand.
- Button to toggle speaker on/off.
- Four lights:
- The orange light is off.Indicates the machine is electrified when on.
- The red light is blinking/off. Blinking indicate that it is working normally, off means it's in firing mode.
- The green light is off/on. Indicate that contraband is available when on.
- A purple/yellow light is on.
- Four wires:
- Firing wire: If pulsed will fire stuff at people contentiously until pulsed again. Cutting causes machine to fire stuff at people contentiously until mended. Toggles the red blinking light off when in firing mode.
- Contraband wire: Cutting does nothing. When pulsed toggles availability of illegal or rare goods, also toggles the green light on/off.
- Access wire: When pulsed it toggles the purple/yellow light, allowing for ID restricted machines (med machines, sec machines, and the bartenders Booze-o-mat) to be used by anyone when the yellow light is on.
- Shock wire: Like the firing wire in effects from hacking, except it shocks instead of shoots, and toggles the orange light on. Pulsing this wire electrifies the machine for 30 seconds.
|Firing||Causes the machine to fire stuff at people (turns off red blinking light).||Restores.||Toggles firing on/off.|
|Contraband||Nothing.||Nothing.||Toggles illegal/rare goods availability on/off (shown by a green light).|
|Access||Activates the access restriction.||Nothing||Toggles the access restriction(purple/yellow light).|
|Shock||Causes the machine to electrocute people (shown by an orange light).||Restores.||Electrifies the machine for 30 seconds.|
seriously who is dumb enough to use these things anyway god damn
- Screwdriver in hand, click on the (briefcase/safe) to open the panel and expose the wiring
- Multi-tool-spam the (briefcase/safe) until you get a confirmation that the memory is reset.
- The memory is now reset. Punch in your favorite code and hit E to set it.
- Screwdriver the panel shut.
The safe can be opened by using a stethoscope... ???
- Screwdriver in hand, click on the radio.
- The usual radio use panel will pop up, but now with access to the wiring.
- Three wires:
- Output wire: Pulsing toggles the speaker on/off. Cutting disables the speaker without showing it.
- Input wire: Pulsing toggles the microphone on/off. Cutting disables the microphone without showing it.
- Dummy wire: Pulsing turns the microphone and speaker off, but turns them on if they are both off already. Cutting does nothing.
- Screwdriver again to close the wires.
Interestingly, Tracking Beacons also count as radios.
|Output||Disables speaker.||Restores.||Toggles speaker on/off.|
|Input||Disables microphone.||Restores.||Toggles microphone on/off.|
|Dummy||Nothing.||Nothing.||Toggles both the microphone and speaker on/off.|
The thing nobody remembers
Open the storage unit's maintenance panel with a screwdriver and two things can be changed:
- Pressing the button next to the green LED light will turn the safety off, allowing you to cram a body in.
- The UV energy dial can be cranked up from the original 15nm to 185nm, completely frying the contents of the of the storage to a crisp.
Security Gas Mask has a hidden aggressiveness-setting. Higher aggressiveness equals meaner "shitcurity" shouts coming out when the HALT-feature is used.
Use a screwdriver to change it from lowest (first) to highest (last) setting. For maximum aggressiveness, use wirecutters. Note that this can't be reset once you wirecut it.